Sunday, April 13, 2014

Are Things Worse Than I Thought????

I am not going to preach the end of the world but here recently it ain't lookin to good. Russia invades a country and looks past that one to another. I think it will take it soon....then there is the earthquakes all up and down the Americas west coast. Next there is the matter of the giant hot spot right in the middle of the US. It is said that no eruption is expected ...Ya! Right when that thing blows we in the US are in for a ride.... Then there is the middle east. Of course that is doomed to be a struggle forever. After all one side is woman ruled and the other is ruled by men....Next there is North and South Korea the US is still at war with them.. there was never any kind of truce signed with the North. LOL and don't forget we are still at war with the Seminole Indians. We have satellites that can read the name on a golf ball and we can find hot spots light years away but no one can find an airplane????? One of the things that scares me the most is the lack of TRUE news/information sources. It just seems to me that once upon a time NEWS was reported pretty much without comment. Now the NEWS is more comment than real information.. I don't care about what you or your “chosen” experts think just tell me for example “A plane went down and we don't know where it is”. My last hold out was CNN but even they are now reporting stories that turn out to be incorrect. When the story changes they don't retract they just act like it is “breaking NEWS”. Another scary thing is the way our government is headed I will just say that the when the 99% finally get pissed.....Well that ain't gonna be pretty either. So I am going to do several things to try to keep my sanity (or drive me crazy) if something goes way wrong... 1. Expand my emergency food supply to say a month. This will include frozen as well as freeze dried and plain dried food stuffs...If you have access to quantities of veggies canning might be an option. Freezing would be good but power is going to be a problem in any emergency that I can think of. I know no one likes it but a few cans of Spam or canned ham could be a good investment. 2. I have most of these already but any or all of these radios will keep you in touch … FRS, CB (hand held), marine radio, shortwave again hand held...these can be just receivers or transmit/receivers. I would not suggest the internet as a method of communication as the internet is only as good as the nearest central office. And te government can shut it off very quickly. 3. Keep a few extra gals. Of fuel around..not much but just might get you further than the crowd of people trying to escape on the same road that you are. Remember to treat the fuel for storage 4. Pick a few destinations that you are going to use should you need to evacuate. I say a few because sight A might not work for this emergency where site B might....I think public lands might be the best answer cause you don't want to get shot by a land owner who sees you as his next threat. Be sure to let family and or friends know where you are going

No comments:

Post a Comment